Cheese and Wine Workshop
Love Cheese? Love Wine? Why not come along to our cheese and wine matching evening and learn more about the best cheese and wine pairings to enjoy at home
We will be exploring a range of delicious cheeses, including Cheese made in Shropshire, and matching them with some classic wines from around the world. We will also talk about food and wine matching more generally and you will pick up some really good tips to take away and practice at home.
During the evening we will try 6 different cheese and wine combinations. The matchings will vary from one event to another, depending upon availability, and we continually review the combinations.
Each event will include at least one cheese made in Shropshire and at least 3 pairings selected from the combinations below:
- French Chevre (Goats Cheese) with Loire Sauvignon Blanc
- Brie de Meaux with Viognier
- Roquefort with Sauternes
- Gruyere and Chardonnay
- Ricotta and Riesling
- Mozeralla and Pinot Grigio
- Tuscan Pecorino with Sangiovese
- An aged Gouda with Cabernet Sauvignon
- Manchego and Rioja
- Mature Cheddar and Malbec
- Brie and Pinot Noir
- Feta and Beaujolais (Gamay)
- Mature Farmhouse Cheshire with Côtes du Rhône (Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre)
- Double Gloucester with Zinfandel
Perfect for foodies!
Professional ISO tasting glasses and all tasting materials including tasting sheets are provided as are water biscuits, oatcakes and table water.
Our Cheese and Wine Workshop makes a great gift and can be purchased as a gift voucher for £35.
Places remaining: 5
Course Date/Time: Wed 30th May 2018 at 7-9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Lion Hotel, Shrewsbury