Evening Tasting; Sparkling Wine & Champagne
There's nothing like a glass of bubbly to get any party started and we'll kick off with a glass of Prosecco while you learn about how the bubbles get into the bottle and how Champagne and different types of sparkling wine are made.
We'll also explain Sparkling wine labels so you know what terms like 'NV,' 'Brut,' & 'Blanc de Blanc' actually mean and what they tell us about the wine inside the bottle.
During the tasting we will explore 6 different types of fizz inlcuding a light & lively Prosecco, a delicious Cava, a sparkling Rose, and finally we will compare a traditional Champagne with a fine English Sparkling wine. Which one will you prefer?
This tasting includes:
- A brief introduction to wine tasting and how to taste sparkling wines
- A tutored tasting of 6 different Champagnes and Sparkling wines from around the world
- Tips on how to store & serve Champagne & Sparkling wine
- Some advice on how to match Champagne & Sparkling wine with food
- Lots of tips and practical advice including where to buy great Champagne and Sparkling wine
Professional ISO tasting glases and all tasting materials including tasting notes, table water and a selection of salty snacks specially selected to go with Champagne are all included
Our Champagne and Sparkling wine tasting makes a fantastic gift and can be puchased as a Gift Voucher
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Sat 8th Jun 2019 at 7-9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Lion Hotel, Shrewsbury