Sherry & Tapas November 2019
There is far more to Sherry than the sweet cream style that your grandmother likes! Made in Andalucía in Southwest Spain, this unique fortified wine is the quintessential accompaniment to Spanish Tapas.
The complexity and diversity of both make them fantastic candidates for some of the most interesting, informative and fun wine and food matching.
Join us as we celebrate this fabulous drink during International Sherry Week.
Sherry comes in many styles and we will sample six that demonstrate its diversity and food friendliness.
At a Sherry & Tapas Tasting you'll be matching:
- Pale, dry and light Fino with olives
- Pale, dry and light Manzanilla with fried, salted almonds
- Tawny and dry Amontillado with pecorino and manchego cheese drizzled in honey
- Medium brown Palo Cortado with serrano ham
- Deep brown Oloroso with chorizo
- And the lusciously sweet and jet black Pedro Ximenez served with chocolate cake
If you still believe sherry is yesterday's tipple from generations passed and that it should only be seen at Christmas then this tasting will change your mind. This is the tasting that consistently surprises people and they often go forth with a new love for Sherry!
Perfect for food and wine lovers!
Professional ISO tasting glasses and all tasting materials including tasting sheets and table water are provided.
This tasting makes a great gift and can be purchased as a gift voucher for just £35
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Fri 8th Nov 2019 at 7.00-9.00pm
Duration: 2 Hours
Venue: Lion Hotel, Shrewsbury