Updated - 29th July 2020
Due to Covid-19 we suspended our face to face events back in March in line with government requirements, to keep the nation, our guests and people who work with us safe.
In consultation with our venue, the Lion Hotel, we have now updated our operating procedure to ensure your health and wellbeing, incorporating the latest Government advice, which we will of course keep under review.
From 12th September we will restart our regular wine tasting events at the Lion Hotel.
- The Lion Hotel will be operating to the required Government standard for all publicly accessible hospitality venues. As part of this, you will be asked to complete a “track and trace” statement before admittance to the venue.
In addition, Shropshire Wine School will:
- Reduce maximum event numbers to 12 to ensure adequate social distancing
- Seat guests in groups based on their own households and any designated guests they may have (up to the maximum as laid down by the Government, currently 6)
- Extra steps will be taken to ensure the glasses that you hold are clean and virus free; dishwasher cleaned and handled thereafter only with sanitised hands, all wines will be poured by your tutor whilst wearing a face covering and with sanitised hands – red wines in advance and white wines as required to ensure they are served at the correct temperature.
- You may be required to wear a face covering when moving around our venue, and you will be required to bring one with you, although at present we do not anticipate they will be required to be worn whilst seated in our wine tasting event room. We also advise you bring hand sanitiser with you.
- Spittoons will not be provided as there is an unacceptable risk of spreading infection, so please ensure you have a designated driver or use public transport/taxi
A fully detailed method statement is available on request.
We thank you in advance for your support in adhering to these measures during our events, with which we are confident you can continue to enjoy a great wine tasting event AND ensure your health and wellbeing. Please keep an eye on our list of events as this will be updated as we confirm our Autumn schedule. You can continue to buy gift vouchers with confidence as they are valid for 2 years from the date of purchase.
As a small business we are extremely grateful for your continued understanding and support and I would like to personally thank everyone that has attended an online wine tasting or bought a gift voucher during the period since March. It's been a lot of fun and has helped to Shropshire Wine School through this unprecedentedly difficult time.
29th July 2020