8-Week World of Wine Course from £95
Welcome to Shropshire Wine School World of Wine Course, one of the most popular courses in the network.
We are now taking bookings for our next course starting in February 2020.
Our 8-week World of Wine course is an informal and practical introduction to the world of wine for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn a little more about it and runs for 8 consecutive weekday evenings. No previous experience is necessary and the emphasis is upon learning by tasting different varieties of wine.
It's also an opportunity to meet new people who share your love of wine.
- Taste over 50 wines from 5 continents, 15 regions and 15 grape varieties
- Retail prices of wines will be from £8 to over £20
- Includes food and wine matching advice
- Discover where to buy today’s best value for money wines
- Learn about common wine faults and how to spot them
- Serving and storage advice
- Discover what wines you like and where to buy them
This 8-week World of Wine Course makes a fantastic gift for anybody who enjoys wine but would line to learn a little more.
A course fee of £95 is payable when booking, this reserves your seat on the course. In addition there is a £10 charge payable on each evening to cover the cost of wine, water biscuits and materials. This spreads the cost of the course over the 8 weeks. The total course cost is £175 a saving of 25% vs if you booked each evening separately, or the equivalent of more than one evening free!
What if can’t make one of the evenings?
Not a problem. You can either send a substitute, pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course, or obtain a credit voucher valid for other Shropshire Wine School courses and tastings. Courses run throughout the year.
- Week 1: France 1 - Bordeaux & Rhône Valley + Introduction to wine tasting
- Week 2: Italy + food & wine matching
- Week 3: Spain & Portugal + the importance of oak
- Week 4: France 2 - The Loire and Burgundy + the concept of "terroir"
- Week 5: Australia & New Zealand + how wine is made
- Week 6: Chile & Argentina + storage & service of wine
- Week 7: South Africa & USA + wine faults and how to spot them
- Week 8: Champagne + Sparkling & dessert wines from around the world
Tastings start at 7pm and last for approximately 2 hours, ending at 9pm.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting sheets, course support materials, water biscuits and table water are provided at every session.
This course is held at the Lion Hotel, Shrewsbury a beautiful Grade 1 listed former coaching house hotel in the historic centre of Shrewsbury.