Saturday Course & Lunch £85
Our Saturday Course is a full day wine experience hosted in a beautiful and historic listed building. It includes Champagne and canapes on arrival and a delicious 2-course lunch!
You will taste 12 wines, from all over the world and learn all about wine including how to make amazing food and wine pairings. The day is suitable for anybody, from beginners to budding connoisseurs and is a relaxed, informal event.
The day is hosted in a private room at the Lion Hotel, Shrewsbury. This independent hotel is in a beautifully preserved and renovated Grade 1 listed former coaching house. Lunch is served in The Haywards Room.
Recent 5-star TripAdvisor Review: .."Very informative & most enjoyable with a relaxed atmosphere. We would thoroughly recommend attending." Read the full review here.
Overview of the day:
- We kick off at 11.00am with a glass of Champagne and canapes
- An introduction to wine including how to slurp and sniff like a professional
- A tasting of classic white wines from the both the Old and New World
- A delicious 2 course seasonal lunch
- A tasting of red wines from the Old and New World, including famous wines from Bordeaux, Chianti and Rioja
- The course will finish at 4.00pm
Our Saturday course is suitable for complete beginners as it offers a thorough introduction to wine but is equally suited to those with a little bit of wine knowledge, as with 12 wines to explore there will be something new for everyone.
Our Saturday Course is a full day wine experience hosted in a beautiful and historic former coaching house hotel. It includes Champagne and canapes on arrival, a total of 12
Places remaining: 12
Date/Time: 10th Oct 2020 at 11.00am - 4.00pm
Venue: The Lion Hotel, Shrewsbury