Virtual USA January 2021
A new era is dawning for everyone involved in classrooms and events. Using modern technology, we can enjoy learning about our favourite wines (and gin) from the comfort and safety of our own homes. This has the added advantage that nobody needs to be the “designated driver”.
Using Zoom video conferencing is just like being in the room with Gary, who will, as ever educate, inform and entertain you for about an hour.
All sessions will be recorded and if you can't attend at the last minute just let us know so you can go through the event at your convenience later.
Why not invite your friends to make it a truly social experience?
January can be a ”difficult time” for wine lovers. Should you go for a “dry January?” – What a ridiculous idea! Despite the continuing restrictions on socialising, virtual wine tastings are a great way of blowing away those winter blues.
As the United States has a new president who will be taking office in January, it seems like an opportune time to taste some fine wines from the US of A
We start on Wednesday 13th January with a couple of lighter style wines
- Chateau Ste Michelle Columbia Valley Riesling 2018, a Germanic-style off-dry Riesling from Washington State.
- Parker Station Santa Barbara Pinot Noir 2018, deliciously red-fruit Pinot from fashionable Santa Barbara.
On Wednesday 20th January we taste another two more lovely white and red wines
- McManis Viognier 2018 – aromatic nose of stone fruits with no oak influence combined with a medium-full body
- Pedroncelli Friends Red Sonoma County 2018, a lovely blend of Merlot, Syrah and Zinfandel from famous Sonoma, very fruity!
Finally on Wednesday 27th January we sample two wines that have the Sunshine State stamped all over them.
- Bogle Vineyard Californian Chardonnay 2019 – textbook Californian Chardonnay, 50% of the wine is aged in new American oak to give it that lovely vanilla and spice twist combined with a full body.
- Brazin Lodi Old-Vine Zinfandel 2018 – A real classic, and I’m delighted to introduce you to one of the staples of Shropshire Wine School. This “Zin” will blow your socks off with its intensity of flavour and weight without losing its poise. Just wonderful!
£40 for all three sessions. The cost is per subscription, so this could be for 2 people (or more) as long as you are sharing a screen in the same household. Note: this does not include the cost of the wines (see below).
Places remaining: 3
Course Date/Time: Wed 13th Jan 2021 at 7.30pm
Duration: 1 Hr
Venue: Online - Zoom (Link sent by email)