Wine Tastings in Shrewsbury & Shropshire
Welcome to Shropshire Wine School. We are an independent wine education company which hosts fun-filled wine tastings, wine courses and gin tastings in Shrewsbury and other Shropshire locations (no experience necessary).
- Taste and learn in a relaxed setting
- Improve your confidence when buying wine
- Discover new wines to enjoy
- Make new friends with like-minded people
Back in The Room!
After this very difficult period, we are delighted to announce our face to face wine tasting and gin tasting events will start again soon!
We’re currently working hard behind the scenes with the Lion Hotel and plan to restart our face to face events from September 12th with Passion for Prosecco! with a full event list between now and Christmas.
We will be introducing enhanced hygiene and social distancing measures designed to keep you safe and can’t wait to taste wine with our guests again. Click here to find out more about the measures we will be taking to ensure your safety during this period. We will continue to monitor government guidelines as they evolve. We will work with the Lion Hotel to update our operating procedures as required.
In the meantime, our popular online wine tastings continue, hosted on the Zoom platform. You can continue your love affair with wine and expand your knowledge from the comfort and safety of your own home. It’s also very sociable, and just as with our classroom sessions you will meet like-minded people – if only in the “virtual” sense.
Why not invite your friends to make it a truly social experience?
We have divided our events into 3 categories, with something to suit everyone.
Wine Wednesday: As the name suggests, every Wednesday we take a look at a couple of wines in a very informal and fun way. No experience necessary. We will let you know what we are sampling and invite you to purchase the same or similar wine.
Fine Wine Friday: These are 3-week short courses, looking at wines from specific regions and countries in more detail. As the name suggests, we have “gone up a notch” here with wines in the £15 plus price bracket. To make the event much more informative (and economical) we have teamed up with some great wine merchants so you can buy exactly the same wine as we are sampling, and at a discounted price level.
WSET Online: We are delighted to be able to offer Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses online at both Level 1 and Level 2. These are OfQual recognised professional qualifications for people working in the hospitality industry or wine enthusiasts who want to have a formal structure to their knowledge. Because we are operating online we can offer a very flexible range of delivery options to suit everyone’s lifestyle. We also can offer the option of taking the exam online, which is a brand new option developed by WSET in response to the lockdown.
Our Wine Tasting Gift Vouchers make ideal presents! Buy an open gift voucher and your recipient can choose any date! Or use the menu on the left to book a particular date then email asking for a voucher to be sent.
Why choose Shropshire Wine School?
- We are wine educators, not retailers, which allows us to select the best wines from local merchants and leading national suppliers
- Our tastings entertain and inform and there's no pressure to buy wine at the end, making us unique in the world of wine tasting
- We are part of the local wine school network who have been providing wine courses and events across the UK for over 20 years.
- We offer structured courses; immerse yourself in the world of wine by joining an 8 week World of Wine course and you will taste over 50 wines along the way.
- We have excellent reviews on TripAdvisor with consistent 5-star ratings.
Our luxurious Saturday Intros to Wine (incl. lunch & Champagne) run regularly and need to be booked in advance - immerse yourself in the world of wine for a whole day. This makes a fantastic gift.
Recent 5-star TripAdvisor Review: "It was fantastic. I have been to a number of wine tasting events and this was by far the best... Gary’s passion shone through and was infectious...Highly recommended" Read the whole review here.
At our flagship evening course, the 8-part World of Wine Tour, sample 40+ wines from 12 countries. Have loads of fun learning new things about wine and it's flexible (if you need to skip an evening you can pick it up again later)! This works out fantastic value for money as you effectively get two of the 8 evenings free! Reserve your place on the next course here.
We also offer Wine & Spirit Education Trust qualifications. WSET Level 2 (beginners can start at Level 2). Or gain a wine qualification in a single day with our WSET Level 1 course.
We also hold regular gin tasting events, always very popular so book early to avoid disappointment.
Shropshire Wine School Venues
The Lion Hotel in Shrewsbury
Shropshire Wine School is delighted to host its Shrewsbury events at the Lion Hotel, Wyle Cop, Shrewsbury, SY1 1UY. This Grade 1 listed former coaching house is a wonderful setting for these events held in the Pickwick Room. The Lion Hotel is situated in central Shrewsbury on the historic Wyle Cop, ten minutes walk from Shrewsbury railway station.
For further details on our venue (including map) please click here.
Other Wine Schools
We are proud to be part of the Local Wine School network - the only UK-wide network of independent wine schools. All our centres offer fun wine tastings and courses to suit everyone from absolute beginner to the serious enthusiast.
All our tastings can also be purchased as great gifts that can be redeemed at any of our wine schools across the UK. All our Gift Vouchers have FREE DELIVERY and are VALID for 2 YEARS. Check out our National website for further details - www.localwineschool.com
- Wine Tasting Fulham-London & Wine Courses Fulham-London
- Wine Tasting City-London & Wine Courses City-London
- Wine Tasting Streatham-London & Wine Courses Streatham-London
- Wine Tasting Camden-London & Wine Courses Camden-London
- Wine Tasting Edinburgh & Wine Courses Edinburgh
- Wine Tasting Glasgow & Wine Courses Glasgow
- Wine Tasting Manchester & Wine Courses Manchester
- Wine Tasting Birmingham & Wine Courses Birmingham
- Wine Tasting Leeds/York & Wine Courses Leeds/York
- Wine Tasting Bristol/Bath & Wine Courses Bristol/Bath
- Wine Tasting Newcastle upon Tyne & Wine Courses Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wine Tasting Nottingham & Derby & Wine Courses Nottingham & Derby
- Wine Tasting Brighton/Sussex & Wine Courses Brighton/Sussex
- Wine Tasting Kent/Tunbridge Wells & Wine Courses Kent/Tunbridge Wells
- Wine Tasting Cambridge & Wine Courses Cambridge
- Wine Tasting Norwich & Norfolk & Wine Courses Norwich & Norfolk
- Wine Tasting Essex & Wine Courses Essex
- Wine Tasting Shropshire & Wine Courses Shropshire
- Wine Tasting Hertfordshire & Wine Courses Hertfordshire
- Wine Tasting Lancashire & Wine Courses Lancashire
- Wine Tasting Milton Keynes & Wine Courses Milton Keynes
- Wine Tasting Hampshire - Wine Courses Southampton/Winchester
- Wine Tasting Surrey - Wine Courses & Wine Tastings in Guildford
- Wine Tasting Belfast/N Ireland & Wine Courses Belfast/N Ireland